About the Job
As a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician, you will be working on projects both small and large, spanning from a few weeks to more than a year. Your work will begin in concept design, continue through modeling, and follow through until project completion. Familiarity and understanding of the design process is required: Schematic Design, Design Documents, Construction Documents, Bid Documents, Conformed Documents, and Record Documents. You will also play a key role in coordinating BIM information with our consultant teams.
As a successful BIM Technician, you have a thoughtful collaborative approach and thorough understanding of the software tools, capabilities and comprehensive impact on each discipline of design. You have a meaningful role on projects from beginning to end. You “own” your work and are dependable and accountable. When you are asked to join a project mid-stream, you adapt quickly and become an integral team-player. You like learning new things and look for opportunities to grow.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Autodesk Revit, Architecture preferred. Ability to develop documents, and maintain BIM/CAD projects (model setup, production drawings, deliverables, consultant coordination, family creation, template creation). Ability to coordinate with BIM360, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture. Familiarity with Microsoft, Adobe Suite products, Bluebeam, Sketch Up, 3D Studio Max a plus.
Technical Requirements and Abilities
- Expertise in current Autodesk Revit software (Architecture preferred)
- Ability to coordinate with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture
- Understand and be able to read and produce drawing sets
- Ability to multitask, be organized, efficient
- Ability to develop, document, maintain BIM/CAD projects
- Model setup
- Production drawings
- Completing ongoing deliverables to clients
- Consultant coordination
- Revit family creation
- Revit template creation
- Day to day project support in Revit
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects under constant deadlines
If you’re driven to be part of a client-centered team focused on creativity, efficiency, and sensitivity in design, we encourage you to apply with your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.