About the Job
As a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician, you will be working on projects both small and large, spanning from a few weeks to more than a year. Your work will begin in concept design, continue through modeling, and follow through until project completion. Familiarity and understanding of the design process is required: Schematic Design, Design Documents, Construction Documents, Bid Documents, Conformed Documents, and Record Documents. You will also play a key role in coordinating BIM information with our consultant teams.
As a successful BIM Technician, you have a thoughtful collaborative approach and thorough understanding of the software tools, capabilities and comprehensive impact on each discipline of design. You have a meaningful role on projects from beginning to end. You “own” your work and are dependable and accountable. When you are asked to join a project mid-stream, you adapt quickly and become an integral team-player. You like learning new things and look for opportunities to grow.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Autodesk Revit, Architecture preferred. Ability to develop documents, and maintain BIM/CAD projects (model setup, production drawings, deliverables, consultant coordination, family creation, template creation). Ability to coordinate with BIM360, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture. Familiarity with Microsoft, Adobe Suite products, Bluebeam, Sketch Up, 3D Studio Max a plus.
Technical Requirements and Abilities
- Expertise in current Autodesk Revit software (Architecture preferred)
- Ability to coordinate with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture
- Understand and be able to read and produce drawing sets
- Ability to multitask, be organized, efficient
- Ability to develop, document, maintain BIM/CAD projects
- Model setup
- Production drawings
- Completing ongoing deliverables to clients
- Consultant coordination
- Revit family creation
- Revit template creation
- Day to day project support in Revit
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects under constant deadlines
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/RECEIVABLE & PAYROLL TECHNICIAN
Are you an experienced accounting professional with great organizational skills and a laser-like attention to detail? If so, we want to hear from you! This is a full-time position with great benefits that include company paid health insurance, PTO, and paid holidays.
Who we are:
MCG Explore Design is an architecture and interior design firm with a mission to provide authentic and joyous design that serves communities with creativity, knowledge, and a unique perspective. With a great resume of past work and a team focused on collaboration, our firm has earned numerous local and national architectural awards. We are a healthy and growing company, headquartered in Anchorage, with current projects across the Pacific Northwest.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accounts Payable Invoices
- Regular/Consistent Data Entry and Inquiry responses
- Review Associated Client Billing Status at entry (project cost accounting experience is a plus)
- Management of New and Existing Vendors: W9s and ACH Request Forms (incoming)
- Prep and Process Check Runs Regularly
- Credit Card Imports and Reconciliations
- Check Deposits and Record Accounts Receivable (AR) Payments
- Monitor AR Aging Reports collaborating with Project Accountant and Controller, Distribute Monthly AR Client Statements for Delinquent Accounts
- Semi-monthly Payroll Processing and Monthly Expense Reports
- Assist Controller with Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Sales and Excise Taxes/Yearly Close
- Year-end 1099 Tax Forms
- Administrative Tasks and Other Duties as Assigned
What you bring:
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of related accounting and customer service experience required. Up to 2 years of accounting-related education may be counted towards this experience requirement.
- Excel and accounting software experience – Deltek experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the AEC industry, or similar service-type company is a plus.
- High attention to detail with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, meet deadlines, and manage priorities.
- Character of high integrity, trustworthiness, and reliability.
- A background in payroll and payroll taxes.
What we bring:
- An unbeatable company culture! We want you to love coming to work.
- A competitive wage that respects your contribution to the firm.
- Retirement benefits: 401(k) with potential employer profit-sharing.
- Work you can believe in. We strive to improve communities and make a difference.
If you’re driven to be part of a client-centered team focused on creativity, efficiency, and sensitivity in design, we encourage you to apply with your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].